Monday, July 17, 2006

Security Checklist

Ok, I admit it. I'm stuck on Audit and Security right now. But, we as oracle DBAs are being bombarded by requirements from everybody because of the malicious attacks by hackers and other countries on our technology infrastructure. During my last audit, an auditor wanted to see my security checklist. So, I gave it to them. In order to continue the theme of this blog in providing help, here is one of my favorite security checklists:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/security/pdf/twp_security_checklist_db_database.pdf

Again, another white paper from Oracle. Use this checklist as a basis for your own and in accordance with your company's security requirements. Don't you just love audits and security?

How often do you apply the quarterly security patches? Did you know that each patchset released (e.g. 10.1.0.5) also incorporates the last security patch available during that time?

Food for thought and to chew on.

No comments: